This page is maintained by the Education and Graduate Students (E&GS) Committee of ASM and is still under construction. Our goal is to provide useful information to students and others involved in mammalogy.
Information About Mammalogy
ASM Funding Opportunities
- Small Grants (No more than $1500.00 US) Available to support field or laboratory work in mammalogy by graduate and upper-level undergraduate students who are members of ASM.
- The Latin American Student Field Research Awards ($1500 US) Up to five are awarded annually in support of research by graduate students that are citizens of Latin America and conducting field research work in Latin America.
ASM Research Awards
- Honoraria Three are awarded each year at the ASM annual meeting to honor graduate students for their research in mammalogy.
- Undergraduate Research Awards Three are given each year at the ASM annual meeting to undergraduate students for their research in mammalogy.
Other Sources of Funding For Research
- Sources for Grants A list of links to internet sites that provide information on available grants or further lists of grant funding sources.
How to Write a Grant
- Grant-writing Resources A list of links to internet sites that provide information on how to write a successful grant proposal.
- Jobs, Post-docs, Internships, and Seasonal Positions A list of links to Internet sites where full-time jobs and other positions are listed.
- Resources for students and early career mammalogists.
WE NEED INPUT FROM STUDENTS
If you have any feedback regarding this web site or suggestions for other information or links you'd like to see here, please let us know by contacting any of the Education and Graduate Students Committee
Our goal is to continue adding information to this page.